Support our critical mission of moving the Chesapeake region’s agriculture forward with a one-time gift
Donate by Mail
Checks may be made payable to Future Harvest and mailed to
1114 Shawan Road, Suite 1
Cockeysville, MD 21030
A recurring gift is an easy way to make a big impact while staying within your budget and working with your schedule. Your passion for sustainable agriculture is unwavering. Now, making your gift can be just as continual and automatic. Setting up a recurring gift is:
- Customizable: Choose the amount of your gift and date you’d like it to be processed.
- Convenient: Use your credit or debit card to set up a recurring gift—set it and forget it, unless you are updating your payment information.
- Environmentally friendly: Recurring gifts can be made completely online, so there is no paper, check or stamp involved.
- Transformative: click here to learn more about how your gift transforms the food system and lives of farmers
Make a donation to honor someone
Making a donation to Future Harvest can be a meaningful way to cherish a loved one’s memory or to celebrate a holiday, birthday, wedding, or other special occasion.
Double your gift
Your gift to the Future Harvest could be matched dollar for dollar by your employer! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable donations or volunteer hours made by their employees, retirees and/or employees’ spouses. Check with your human resources department to determine your eligibility.
Donate Stocks, Bonds or Mutual Funds
When you transfer ownership of securities to Future Harvest, you are investing in the programs that strengthen farming and the regional food economy; protect our land, water, and air; and provide nutritious food that sustains the region’s communities.
You will receive a charitable deduction for the full market value and incur no capital gains tax subject to IRS deductible limitations. Future Harvest is dedicated to making sure this donation is used for the purpose you intend. However, Future Harvest staff does not provide tax, legal, or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for tax, legal, or accounting advice.
The process is simple!
- Provide your financial adviser or brokerage firm with the following information: Bank of New York Mellon, 240 Greenwich St, 18 th Floor. New York, NY 10286. (212) 495-1784. ABA #: 021000018. Credit To: LPL Financial. Credit Account #: 8900511524
- Contact Future Harvest staff to help us follow your wishes for your gift, identify your gift when it is received, and provide you with your tax acknowledgment letter.
Start your own fundraiser
Our community has done some amazing things to support sustainable agriculture.
- Host an Event: Host a BBQ, Trivia night, or happy hour – the options are endless!
- Get Active for Agriculture: Sign up for a race or host a Zumba class or corn hole tournament
- Celebrate a Milestone: Ask friends to donate for your wedding, birthday, graduation, or other big day
- Contact Future Harvest staff to start your fundraise
LEGACY GIVING. Make a big impact with a future gift. Including Future Harvest in your legacy planning allows you to make a powerful statement about your passion for moving the Chesapeake region’s agriculture forward.
There are many ways to transform the local food system with a gift to Future Harvest as you make your legacy giving plans:
- Name Future Harvest as a beneficiary in a Will or Living Trust
- Make a gift of cash or appreciated securities to establish a charitable gift annuity for Future Harvest
- Name Future Harvest as the beneficiary of a paid life insurance policy or a retirement account
- Create a charitable remainder trust (CRT) and name Future Harvest as the beneficiary
Qualified Charitable Distributions
If you’re 70-1/2 or older, you can donate up to $100,000 per tax year directly from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to Future Harvest.
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD), otherwise known as IRA charitable rollovers or IRA gifts, are a great way to support our critical work by allowing your dollars to go further: QCDs may be excluded from your taxable income and qualify towards your required minimum distribution (RMD).
Contact Future Harvest staff to learn more