Throughout the year, Future Harvest partners with the Chesapeake region’s leading farmers, researchers, and technical service providers to offer hands-on learning and skills building opportunities, professional development opportunities, and exposure to the latest research and trends in agriculture. Our programs follow a farmer-to-farmer learning model and are conducted through a variety of formats: field tours, hands-on days, intensives, panel discussions, and webinars. All experience levels are welcome to engage in our on-farm events, webinars, and workshops.
We cover a long and ever-changing list of topic areas, including but not limited to:
- Sustainable fruit and vegetable production
- Sustainable livestock production
- Business planning for farms and foodpreneurs
- Land access and food sovereignty
- Food Safety
- And specialty crop production: cut flowers, small grains, tree fruit, mushrooms.