- This event has passed.
Soil Regen Summit 2023 – Free Virtual Event
March 14 @ 8:00 am - March 16 @ 5:00 pm EDT
If you’re a farmer/grower or someone with a passion for the planet, then this event is for you!
We’ll be exploring a diversity of topics including Soil Biology, No Till, Cover Crops, Compost, Rhizophagy, Reforestation, Permaculture, Nutrient Density, Deep Bed Farming, Animal & Human Health and many more…
Meet some of the world’s most knowledgeable experts in Regenerative Agriculture,
Ecosystem Restoration, and Permaculture in this FREE, 3-day virtual event.
Day 1: Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Theme: Soil, Plants and Microbes.
We’ll be investigating the wonders of biological relationships (such as rhizophagy, quorum sensing, plant and microbial symbioses) and how natural processes function to create an abundance of resources on our beautiful planet.
Day 1 Speakers:
- Dr. Elaine Ingham, Soil Biology Pioneer, Soil Food Web School Founder
Talk Title: The Symphony of the Soil
- Charles Dowding, Author, No-Dig Gardening pioneer
Talk Title: No-Dig Intensive
- Dr. James White, Professor of Plant Pathology, Rutgers University
Talk Title: Rhizophagy Cycle and Endophytes in Plants
- Dr. David Johnson, Research Scientist and Molecular Biologist at New Mexico State University
Talk Title: Biologically Enhanced Agricultural Management [BEAM]
- Nathan Deboer, Pioneer in Green Manure & Cover Crops
Talk Title: Green Manure & Cover Crops
- Dr. Carla Portugal, Instructor, Mentor and Researcher, Soil Food Web School
Talk Title: Successional Stages and the Soil Food Web
Day 2: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Theme: Regeneration Success Stories.
We’ll explore several exciting regenerative ag, ecosystem restoration, and permaculture projects, and we’ll look at some of the practices that enhance holistic outcomes and ecosystem services. You’ll hear from land-stewards from around the world about the challenges they have overcome and the methods they are employing to successfully collaborate with nature.
Day 2 Speakers:
- Paul Morris, Certified Restoration Ecologist, Instructor of Introduction to Ecosystem Restoration Course
Talk Title: Case Study of Wetland, Woodland and Grassland restoration
- Alan Watson Featherstone, Ecologist, Founder of Trees for Life
Talk Title: Restoring the Caledonian Forest in the Highlands of Scotland
- Ernst Götsch, Farmer, Researcher, Syntropic Agriculture Pioneer
Talk Title: Agriculture of the Future
- Colin Andrews, Chair of The Tiyeni Fund
Talk Title: Soil and Water – Tiyeni Success Story
- Raya Grieb, Permaculture Design Instructor, Social Justice Advocate, Herbalist
Talk Title: Permaculture in India: Growing Soil and Diversifying Agriculture with Villagers in the Indian Drylands
- Koen van Seijen, Author, Host of the Investing in Regenerative Agriculture Podcast
Talk Title: The Role of Money and Investments in the Regenerative Transition
Day 3: Thursday, March 16, 2023.
Theme: Humans, Land and Health.
We’ll be looking at the ways we humans interact with our planet and key changes we can make to enhance human health, animal well-being and planetary resilience. The first change that needs to happen is a mindset shift on an individual and collective basis.
- Dr. Vandana Shiva, Author, Ecologist, founder Navdanya
Talk Title: Path Forward
- Dan Kittredge, Founder and Executive Director of the Bionutrient Food Association
Talk Title: The Path to Nutrient Density
- Ron Weiss, MD, Assistant Professor, Rutgers University and Executive Director of Ethos Primary Care
Talk Title: From The Ground Up – A Doctor’s Prescription for Healing the Soil, People, and Planet
- Lyla June, Diné (Navajo) Artist, Scholar, Community Organizer
Talk Title: Architects of Abundance
- Ash Ritter, Ethnobotanist, Writer, Herbalist at Black Sage Botanicals
Talk Title: You are the Wilds – Restoring Relational Herbalism
- John D. Liu, Filmmaker, Ecologist, cofounder of Ecosystem Restoration Camps