Pest and Weed Management on the Farm – Farm Alliance of Baltimore
June 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT$15
Your crops are your prized possession! Interested in learning about pest management in Zone 7A? Register for this field day We recommend attending both the associated class and field day. In the associated Pest and Weed Management class, you will learn the fundamentals. During this field day, such skills will be applied in real time!
*However, they can be taken independently*
During this field day, you will apply the fundamentals of integrated pest management in real time. You will learn how to predict, prevent, and manage insects and diseases. You will learn how to identify and manage farm pests, how and when to apply methods of control and intervention.
We will teach you the fundamental elements of IPM programs including recognition and monitoring of key pests, decision-making guidelines, intervention tactics, and how to assess as a whole.
Host site farmer grows flowers, alliums, small grains, and storage roots
More about the speaker: Guest speaker has IPM and commercial production experience in field crops, fruits, and vegetables.
This is an in-person workshop. Pre registration is required so we can plan accordingly. We suggest that attendees wear weather appropriate attire, and closed-toed shoes you don’t mind getting dirty. Be sure to bring a water bottle! There will be extra masks, waters, hand sanitizer, sunscreen & bug spray on site.
- Pre Work/Readings: We encourage attendees to check out their website and Instagram
- Parking Information: street parking is available
- Access to Restroom: Yes
- Other Notes: paths are grass, there is some shade on site and limited seating
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that we need to cancel due to weather or unforeseen circumstances attendees will receive an email notification.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com
COVID and Health Safety Protocol
- Please do not attend if you are feeling ill, experiencing symptoms, or have been exposed to people in your life who are sick.
- Please contact the event organizer/appropriate Farm Alliance Staff to make arrangements regarding your absence.
- If you learn that you have tested positive for COVID within 5 days after an event, we ask that you please notify us so that we can inform participants about possible exposure.