Kitchen Girl Farm Tour – Farm Alliance of Baltimore
August 16 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT$15
A small-scale, diversified farm growing sustainable produce and pastured eggs in Parkton, Baltimore County, Maryland. They sell their products throughout the Baltimore and Washington DC area. The farm is owned and operated by co-founders Christy and Connor who have educational backgrounds in Environmental Science and Policy as well as nearly 15 years of farming experience in both rural and urban settings.
Join us for a tour of their farm and learn more about their farming journey, including how they acquired their land in 2020. Christy & Connors will also discuss their regenerative agriculture practices and how they raise chickens and grow a variety of vegetables on about 2.5 acres of vegetable fields for their CSA, restaurants and wholesale customers.
We will also get to meet their two Huacaya alpacas, Mike and Al, who serve as the guardian animals for their flock of chickens!
More about the speaker: Learn more about the farmers here: https://www.kitchengirlfarm.com/about
This is an in-person workshop. Pre registration is required so we can plan accordingly. We suggest that attendees wear weather appropriate attire, and closed-toed shoes you don’t mind getting dirty. Be sure to bring a water bottle! There will be extra masks, waters, hand sanitizer, sunscreen & bug spray on site.
- Pre Work/Readings: We encourage attendees to check out their website and Instagram
- Parking Information: park on the grass by the small lower barn building, carpooling encouraged
- Access to Restroom: Yes
- Other Notes: paths are grass, there is no shade or seating on site
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that we need to cancel due to weather or unforeseen circumstances attendees will receive an email notification.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com
COVID and Health Safety Protocol
- Please do not attend if you are feeling ill, experiencing symptoms, or have been exposed to people in your life who are sick.
- Please contact the event organizer/appropriate Farm Alliance Staff to make arrangements regarding your absence.
- If you learn that you have tested positive for COVID within 5 days after an event, we ask that you please notify us so that we can inform participants about possible exposure.