Please send a resume and email to email@example.com explaining why you want to join our team this year.
Three Part Harmony Farm is looking for one person to join our staff this year. The work week is 24 – 32 hours per week, beginning as early as March 1 but no later than April 18. The position will be open until filled. Our season ends on November 30, but there can be additional hours available over the winter for a candidate who commits to returning the next season.
Our main farm is in Washington, DC but we are expanding this year to Maryland. Depending on your interest, you may be able to work at both locations, but our home base is northeast DC.
This staff position works very closely with the owner, Gail Taylor. On most days we will also be joined by a group of folx who come to help us harvest. We will use the non-harvest time to do bed prep, planting, weeding, and other field work. In addition to the harvest crew, we also work with volunteers who help with various tasks. While we do spend a lot of time doing tasks alone, it is important to be able to get along with lots of different kinds of people, and be able to contribute positively to a welcoming workplace.
This job is no different than any job at an organic vegetable farm in the DMV:
We work outside in all kinds of weather. We work hard and are on our feet for long hours at a time. It is required to arrive on time each morning, ready to contribute to the team.
Farming is physically and mentally taxing. Take care of yourself during the season and make sure you eat well and get enough sleep.
You must be able to meet all of the same requirements as the harvest crew:
– lift up to 50 pounds
– follow detailed instructions, with the goal of not having to be repeated over and over again
– harvest dozens of different kinds of vegetables, all with very different specifications
– work well as a team and alone
– be fast while paying attention to detail, being safe, and paying attention to the quality of the item you are harvesting
– be able to take turns cleaning the wash/ pack area, bins, knives, etc. as well as the vegetables [note: you will get wet, sometimes on hot days but sometimes on cold days]
– participate as needed in packing boxes, bagging salad greens, and other tasks related to preparing the harvest for the customer
– be able to join in the additional field work
– be willing to share knowledge, insight, ideas, and experience but stick to the tasks as outlined by the owner
– if comfortable, be able to give instructions and support to others we are working with
– if appropriate, interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner
May – June: work two full days (Tuesdays and Fridays) or four half days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.)
July – August: work three or four partial days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
September – October: work two full days (Tuesdays and Fridays) or four half days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.)
$15.50/ hr plus a generous sized share during the CSA season as well as harvest your own vegetables and herbs if not on the harvest plan that day. Pay increase at 30 and 90 day reviews. 2 paid sick days plus end of season bonus.