New Castle Conservation District is seek an Urban Agriculture Summer Intern!
Employment Dates: June 5th- August 11th, 2023 (somewhat flexible)
New Castle Conservation District is looking for a summer intern to join our urban agriculture team. This team works with a wide range of stakeholders to promote urban agriculture through education, funding opportunities, technical assistance, projects, networking, and community building.
The intern will be primarily assisting with the coordination and documentation of an pilot urban farming training series. This series will provide accessible and flexible learning opportunities for New Castle County residents interested in starting an urban farm or enhancing an existing operation. This series will be evaluated throughout the season and the data collected will be the foundation for future training.
Upon completion of the internship, the intern can expect to have:
– Gained practical experience in developing a real world project and directly engaging with diverse communities
– Exposure to the training course content with opportunities to participate in various sessions and learning opportunities.
– Successfully networked with the rapidly growing urban ag community throughout New Castle County
– Experience in program evaluation and understanding how both formative and summative evaluation data can be used to improve programs overtime
– Opportunities to incorporate skills/education that align with the intern’s long term career goals
– Engage with urban ag stakeholders from diverse backgrounds in a friendly and understanding manner via email, calls, and in-person.
– Assist with scheduling and organizing a variety of educational opportunities such as workshops, online webinars, and field trips.
– Provide support to social media and outreach efforts including the promotion of training activities
– Assist in the development, creation, and implementation of program evaluation tools
– Utilize evaluation data to suggest programmatic changes and recommendations for future program implementation
Document the urban training program through photos, data, and written summaries
Other duties as assigned
-Recent high school graduates, undergraduate students with an interest in urban agriculture, food systems, community engagement, and/or program evaluation.
-Must be able to commute to the NCCD office located at 2430 Old County Rd, Newark, DE
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Must be able to handle the demands of progressing multiple projects at once
-Must be flexible to work occasional Saturdays and evenings
-Thrive working in a collaborative environment
-Strong critical and creative thinking skills
-Comfortable in engaging in conversations with strangers
-Belief in community led movements and local project ownership
-Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus
-Program evaluation experience is a plus
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with the NCCD COVID-19 vaccination policy, the individual hired for this position must either submit a COVID-19 Vaccination Certification form documenting full vaccination status seven days after their hiring date or participate in the COVID-19 Testing Certification Process. The COVID-19 Testing Process requires the employee to submit a certification form each Monday stating the employee has received a COVID-19 test within the previous 7-day period.
Please complete this online application https://sprw.io/stt-jwEezuTZ7iHGrRKyVtcd6K. Applications will be accepted through February 22nd, 2023 at 4:00pm. For more information concerning this opportunity, please contact Urban Agriculture Coordinator, Madison Walter by email at email@example.com or by phone at (302)365-8983.
** Data shows that women and minority candidates more frequently do not apply for a position because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications. The above description is a general overview, not a mandatory list. If you feel passionate about urban agriculture, food systems, conservation, or community engagement and believe that you have the skills to contribute to our work, we want to hear from you!**
Jobs, Internships & Opportunities
2430 Old County Road
Newark, Delaware 19702