At 4P Foods, the triple-bottom line – the concept that in addition to profit, businesses should also measure and be accountable for their impacts on people and the planet – is a huge step forward in business consciousness. But, we want to take things one step further. Businesses must be responsible for their impacts on the environment as well as the people and the communities they work with. They also must be financially solvent, making enough money to pay good wages and invest in innovation.
We believe that companies must exist for a purpose. Purpose, People, Planet, Profit – the four P’s of 4P Foods. Our Purpose is to create a just and equitable food system in the United States. This can be done by ensuring that all people have access to farm-fresh, healthy food, grown using sustainable and humane practices and that the people who produce that food are able to earn a fair and dignified living doing so. That’s why we’re here, and that’s why we hope you will join us.
At 4P Foods, we have embarked on a journey to create a new business model blending elements of nonprofit, not-for-profit and for profit and leveraging a broad range of partnerships that span the Good Food supply chain to rebuild our environment, reduce our carbon footprint, and ensure equitable access to food for everyone. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us co-create a regenerative tomorrow.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for:
• Assisting lead buyers with the procurement of produce, dairy, protein, and value-added products for retail (B2C) and wholesale (B2B) channels at 4P
• Ensuring availability of products for the B2C and B2B operations by monitoring and updating projections based on dynamic sales numbers
• Coordinating with Warehouse and Operations to ensure products move efficiently through the supply chain
• Assisting Procurement Team in prompt and accurate payment to our vendors
• Supporting inventory and quality control across all product categories
The Procurement Assistant is an integral part of the 4P Foods Procurement Team. That team will work together to coordinate procurement activities for sale across all 4P channels in order to increase available supply, reduce waste, and increase quality while meeting the needs of our B2B and B2C customers and providing a viable and resilient market for our producers. The Procurement Assistant reports to the Procurement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Submit Purchase Orders (POs) to vendors, input POs into the accounting system, and assist in reconciling any invoice discrepancies.
• Utilize software tools, including Google Sheets, to create working documents and ordering guides that support the various functions of the role, including inventory management and forecasting.
• Communicate with warehouses and operations regarding inventory management, quality control, vendor delivery/pick up schedules and other logistics as needed.
• Collaborate with the Procurement Team on purchasing within a budget; execute pricing strategies and understand the financial impact of all transactions.
• Assist in management of vendor relationships including weekly availability emails and inventory reports.
• Execute contingency sourcing strategies to develop resilience against supply chain failures, like crop shortages, and other procurement challenges.
• Liaise with marketing to maintain and improve product positioning on 4Ps online platforms.
• Support the Procurement Team in billing and resolving invoice issues, and other administrative tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• Must be 18 years or older.
• An associate degree or high school diploma.
• 1-2 years’ experience with Procurement/Purchasing in food and beverage or other wholesale food purchasing is a plus, but not required.
• A demonstrable commitment to 4P Foods’ mission and values, passionate about building a just and equitable food system in the United States.
• Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
• Strong negotiation skills are a plus.
• Organized, detail oriented, strong written communication skills, exceptional scheduling, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience tracking and reporting data for various metrics.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, data analysis, and Google suite, especially Drive, Docs, Calendar, Forms, and Sheets. Experience in or ability to learn inventory management systems and our eCommerce system. Willing to seek out and self-teach technological details.
• Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with team members.
• Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems.
• Exceptional ability to build relationships and work with a diverse group.
• Must have a good sense of humor.
• Must work independently, with minimal supervision, while meeting deadlines and other goals.
• Experience working on a farm or working in food production, processing, aggregation, and distribution is a plus.
• Experience in sales, marketing and engaging with buyers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Maintain a positive attitude and focus in a fast-paced and changing environment to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Flexible work schedule (which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours) and regular attendance is necessary.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds or more without assistance.
• Position is based out of 4Ps Vint Hill warehouse in Warrenton, VA. Ability to work out of Ivy warehouse once a week preferred, but not required.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Procurement Assistant
DEADLINE: April 06, 2022