Title: Lecturer, Agricultural Business Management
Position Number: 1POOOO
Category Status: Faculty Professional Track, Term Contract
Unit: AGNR-Institute of Applied Agriculture
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Institute of Applied Agriculture (IAA) invites applications for a 12-month Lecturer to teach
agricultural entrepreneurship, leadership, and business management courses. The IAA is a 60-credit
academic certificate program in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of
Maryland, College Park. The IAA provides students with the entrepreneurial, technical, leadership and
communication skills you’ll need to work in and manage successful agricultural enterprises, including
golf courses, food systems, sports fields, landscaping companies, farm operations and markets, and
nonprofits. This is a renewable, full-time professional track 12-month appointment. Continuing
appointment will be based on performance and student enrollment. The University of Maryland, College
Park, MD, is a Land Grant institution located in suburban Washington, DC.
• Teach 5-6 undergraduate courses per academic year and supervise internships during the summer.
This lecturer will certainly teach agricultural business management and entrepreneurship; possible
other courses include finance, leadership and teamwork, public relations, and strategic
• Mentor and academically advise IAA students.
• Develop industry connections and help students pursue networking opportunities.
• Coordinate with other IAA advisors and Director to advance and promote the program.
• Participate in department decision-making, strategic planning, and recruitment.
• Continuously develop and update curriculum and instructional materials; integrate assessment
activities and best teaching practices into classes.
• MBA or Master's degree in agricultural business management, entrepreneurial studies, agricultural
education, economics, leadership, or related discipline.
• At least a year of teaching experience, preferably at the post-secondary level.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
• Experience in agricultural production or operation of agricultural enterprise
• Academic advising experience
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits
Applications: A complete application packet includes a Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts (copy
acceptable for application process); Contact information of three (3) professional references. All
candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu for position 1POOOO. The effective start date is
May 15, 2023.
Closing Date: Best consideration date is January 3, 2023. However, applications will be accepted and
reviewed until the position is filled.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies
with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative
action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to
a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on
the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs
and activities, and admissions.