Love & Carrots is DC’s foremost urban farming and edible landscaping company. We design, install and maintain organic urban farms, vegetable gardens, and native landscapes across DC, MD, and VA. Love & Carrots is a fun, flexible and casual yet professional workplace. We love what we do! We are seeking experienced and dynamic landscape designers to join our design team on a full time or part time basis for the 2022 season. Our design needs range from small row homes and pollinator gardens to property master plans. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
Design, Sales and Customer Service
- Provide unique, high quality designs and vision that meet or exceed client’s needs.
- Generate fair, thorough and accurate design proposals delivered with expediency.
- Perform all aspects of the bidding process, including: initial consultation and client interview, properties measurements, pre-site inspections, drawing plans, preparing estimates.
- Personable! Communicate the design and installation processes to clients to help ensure realistic expectations, help them make better decisions, and to recognize the importance of design expertise.
- Introduce clients to other Love & Carrots services. Recommend services/products that help ensure the vision of the design and the client’s evolving needs are met.
- Follow up with clients before, during and after installation takes place.
- Communicate design intent and site logistics to project managers.
- Convey special requirements to operations staff effectively and ensure client satisfaction and/or adherence to contracts.
- Revise plans and estimates according to project changes and communicate alterations to clients, crews and subcontractors.
- Inspect projects as they progress, make recommendations to existing specifications and plans as needed.
- Follow all safety work rules and report rule violations immediately.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments.
Estimating and Billing
- Produce realistic estimates that adhere to Love & Carrots pricing models
- Assist in continually developing codified estimating system
- Follow up with clients to complete or negotiate punch lists.
- Work with office staff to submit billing according to intervals set out in contracts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture
- At least 3 years of experience in landscape design and native ecology
- Excellent design, visualization and graphic skills incorporating edible components and stressing native plants for wildlife for projects large and small
- Strong knowledge of vegetable gardening is a major plus!
- Strong hand graphic skills
- Experience in project management and project team collaboration
- Excellent client relations skills, as well as writing and oral presentation skills
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Ability to adjust to dynamic project priorities
- Strong collaborator
Compensation ranges with experience and credentials.
Interested?! Email a brief letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com