Love & Carrots is DC’s foremost urban farming and edible landscaping company. We design, install and maintain urban farms, vegetable gardens, and native landscapes across DC, MD, and VA. Through our garden care & coaching program we provide expert garden maintenance, guidance, and education in more than 150 gardens every year, helping connect people to their food and inspiring local food production and gardening. Since our inception in 2011 we’ve installed over 1800 gardens. Our clients include residents, local restaurants, and community organizations throughout the DMV. We are seeking full or part-time landscape installation crew members to join our team.
Our installation crew is the skilled team that crafts our many diverse foodscapes. Working for Love & Carrots is a great opportunity to learn how to build gardens and urban farms and break into the urban gardening industry. Installations can include the following:
– Landscape installation, soil remediation and planting
– Garden structure carpentry: raised beds, arbors, garden fencing
– Drip irrigation system installation
– Dryset hardscaping, drainage solutions, path construction
– The ability to work as part of a close knit team while following directions. Good candidates will also have the ability to work independently, take initiative, trouble-shoot, and lead as necessary.
– High attention to detail and organized
– Ability to lift heavy (75+ lbs) objects throughout the day.
– Ability to perform frequent high-intensity manual labor including pushing, pulling, and lifting various equipment and materials.
– Ability to work on their feet for the entire work day.
– Must have a valid driver’s license, working personal vehicle required.
– Full COVID-19 vaccination.
Preferred Experience in: (not required, but strongly favored)
– Landscape construction
– Heavy equipment and medium-duty trucks
Installation crew members work 10 hour days, 4 days/week (Monday – Thursday) during the regular season. 5 days/week in the winter.
– Starting rate: $20/hr +, commensurate with experience.
– $1,000 signing bonus, paid upon completion of 3 months of work
– Annual reimbursement for purchasing personal gear
– Annual smartphone reimbursement
– Benefits include health and dental insurance, 401k, and a generous paid time off package.
– Opportunity for performance-based seasonal bonuses.
– Our office/headquarters has a large vegetable garden for staff to enjoy.
Interested? Email a brief letter of interest and resume to: Hannah@loveandcarrots.com
Jobs, Internships & Opportunities
4431 Wheeler Road
Oxon Hill, Maryland 20745