Job Opening: Dodo Farms, Brookeville MD
, a Certified Naturally Grown Produce Farm in Brookeville, Montgomery County is looking for a committed worker to join our small and intimate family of committed food producers. Our farm grows a variety of seasonal produce while holding ourselves to the highest safety and ethical standards. Our loyalty to the craft, commitment to the earth, and devotion to our customers’ well being, not profit, drives our practices.
The ideal addition to our farm family will:
- Have basic knowledge of farming tasks such as weeding, planting, harvesting
- Share our vision of producing food in its most natural and healthy form.
- Have a good work ethic, integrity, positive attitude, be reliable, and be willing to learn.
- Be able to commit at least 24 hours / at least 3-days to the farm each week (ideal schedule will be Thursday through Saturday).
- Be physically fit, and be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), kneel, bend, stand for extended periods of time.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to the farm and markets.
- Be willing to learn to operate farm equipment and tools.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and performance.
Dodo Farms maintains a drug and smoke free work environment. Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org