- Field work including weeding, planting, field preparation and farm maintenance
- Harvesting, washing and packing produce
- Cutting, processing and bunching flowers and assembling bouquets
- Greenhouse work including seeding, propagation and maintenance
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing equipment and materials
- Selling vegetables and flowers directly to the public at the farmers market Saturday mornings
- Assisting with floral design work
Schedule: Full time farm crew members work an average of 40 hours per week, 5-6 days per week, with Sundays off. At least 2-3 Saturday farmers market shifts are required per month. Field work and harvest starts at dawn in the summer. During market season you’ll be expected to work often up to 50 hours a week, while in March and November hours are reduced below 40.
- You must have experience working on a farm or performing other outdoor physical work, preferably in a fast paced team environment
- Farm crew members are required to stand, bend, kneel, squat, cut/snip and lift and move 50 pounds, repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- You must be able to have a positive attitude and work efficiently outdoors in all weather conditions.
- We expect you to enjoy working both on a team and individually.
- Must have a drivers license and reliable transportation.
- You should have the desire to pursue farming as a career and learn new farming systems.
- We prefer a commitment to the full season March 1st – the end of November.
- We value the ability to focus on quality and pay attention to detail while working with speed
How to Apply
Download the job application by clicking this link or visiting our website. Submit completed applications as a PDF file along with your resume to: email@example.com
Established in 2016, we serve the Charlottesville and Richmond Virginia areas. We have a diverse set of sales outlets. We sell at a lively Saturday farmers market in Charlottesville. We have a growing community supported agriculture program for both produce and flowers. We participate in a cut-flower coop, the River City Flower Exchange. We sell produce and flowers directly to wholesale clients including local restaurants, grocers, caterers, florists and designers. We also provide flowers and floral design services for weddings and special events.