We work hard and enjoy every day!
Flower farm hiring part time positions (1-2 days including Mondays)
Late March through November
Previous interest in horticulture or farm work experience helpful, but will train. Assist with harvesting and processing flowers and foliage, making bouquets, planting, prepping beds (clearing, broad forking and shoveling compost), and weeding, among other tasks. Expected to work quickly and efficiently. Opportunity to learn seeding and propagation techniques.
– Ability to work in heat and cold and stand for most of the day
– Ability to lift 50 lbs
– Desire to learn with a can do, positive attitude
– Attention to detail and pride in work
– Enjoy working on a team
– Reliable transportation- Production occurs at two locations 4 miles apart. You are expected to be able to travel between the two independently
– Possible opportunity to work a Saturday Market occasionally if desired.
Helen’s Garden is a small scale flower farm using not-till growing techniques and most work is done with hand tools. We provide flowers and foliage to florists and designers, grocery stores and several retail outlets, a Baltimore Farmer’s Market, events and some single orders.
$15 and up based on experience
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Jobs, Internships & Opportunities
Baltimore & Central Maryland
309 Garrison Forest Road and 1704 Hillside Road
Garrison, Maryland 21117