Wanted for Small “No-Till” Organic Farm
Maidstone Harvest is a small, growing organic farm that provides beautiful greens, vegetables, and herbs for several local restaurants and various other markets. We are looking for a full-time year-round farmer with experience who will plan, manage, and monitor our production daily, and help us grow well in the years to come. Minimum of two years of experience required. We are in the process of expanding, and our goal over the next few years is to grow to a 1 1⁄2 acre market farm that will not only cater to our chefs and established restaurants, but also add other exciting venues to absorb the increased produce volume.
● Physically capable of working long days and lifting up to 40 pounds
● Excellent communication with owner, administrator, and fellow farm employees
● Computer savvy and able to maintain records of seed starts, planting, production, and yields
● Manage weekly and daily harvest and processing schedules
● Manage and monitor soil health and pest management
● Manage tasks for other staff members and interns
● Manage and mentor less-experienced farm helpers
● Interested in maintaining organic practices and keeping records to achieve and maintain organic certification
Salary and compensation package to be fair and equitable, including personal time with overtime, sick days, holidays, and some weekends. Please forward resume and references to Maidstone2059@gmail.com
Also hiring a Propagation/Field Manager.