Why We’re Here
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative is a nonprofit organic farmer’s cooperative of over 100 member farmers in Lancaster County Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high-quality, foods from our expertly maintained and enriched soils on our small-scale family farms. LFFC serves all Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, and most of the tri state area by connecting the farmer and customer, delivering the best local organic produce, value added products, and humanely raised and pastured animal products to retail establishments, co-ops, restaurants, and institutions.
How We’re Different
LFFC strives to get the best sustainable foods possible into restaurants, stores, institutions, and other wholesale outlets. The work of this role involves development of sales accounts throughout our region while working with your team to meet the common goal of helping the family farmer. We believe that being part of something that makes you feel good at the end of the day is the best way to empower our exceptional work force.
What You’ll Do
Working closely with the Business Development Manager you’ll build a clear and credible vision for the sales team. You’ll maintain a balance of proactive and reactive selling, maintenance and growth of key accounts, and sales team development while utilizing skills as a strategic sales and revenue leader in our organization. Your goals are aligned around the achievement of total wholesales sales revenue, market share results, and team development.
Some of your responsibilities include:
• Incorporate marketing initiatives to support group sales strategies and activities.
• Establish a sense of urgency with the team to understand and achieve the needs of the cooperative.
• Maintain knowledge of the competitive set and make strategy recommendations.
• Consistently review shifts in market with the Business Development Manager and make deployment and pricing recommendations.
• Work with the team to communicate specific account needs to impact revenue for the cooperative.
• Responsible for appropriate identification of key group markets and supporting deployment and travel schedule strategies.
• Sales skill development of team to include implementation, coordination, and maintenance of periodic sales training vignettes.
• Present to Business Development Manager and Executive Director the successes and areas for opportunity within the group segment.
• Maintain a deep understanding and ability to report on group pace and future group need areas.
• Responsible for completing and communicating monthly group sales results to Business Development Manager.
• Assist in development of appropriate group sales goals for the sales team.
• Regular analysis of industry intelligence reports.
• Achieve 100% of group sales revenue goals through individual and team efforts.
• Conduct quarterly check-ins as well as weekly meetings with sales team to support their growth and development.
• Ensure that accurate and detailed notes/traces of accounts are maintained via Salesforce.
What You Bring:
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of sales experience with strong selling skills.
• 2 to 3 years of sales management experience.
• Ability to encourage, lead and manage a team by example.
• Act with ownership of the business unit and communicate a clear sense of strategy and purpose.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up and communication skills.
• Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the cooperative.
Jobs, Internships & Opportunities
201 Running Pump Road
Lancaster, PA, Pennsylvania 17603
Andrew Weiss, SHRM-SCP