Crew Leader/Field Manager
Starting pay $16-$19/hr based on experience
Oak Spring is a small, intensive, Certified Organic produce farm in Northern Baltimore County, MD. We grow over 40 different crops and market our goods through a 200+ member CSA, Baltimore restaurants and local farmer’s markets. We live and believe in feeding, educating and interacting with our local community
We ask for experience and will give you training and more experience in return.
You can learn everything you need to know (over time) to run your own profitable organic farm (or this one) from seed to sale.
We are a fun-loving, hard-working crew dedicated to regenerative agriculture and the local food movement.
The ideal candidate will commit to at least 2 seasons, desires to own or operate their own farm, works independently, takes initiative to educate themselves, has strong p skills and a strong desire to learn new skills
Duties + Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Crop planning and monitoring, seeding, transplanting, cultivating, harvesting, irrigating, poultry care
- Create weekly harvest estimates based on crop availability and market demand
- Help create and maintain seeding and transplant calendar, irrigation schedule, high tunnel, tool and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to drive a tractor, use a variety of equipment such as loader, tiller, ATV, string trimmer, backpack sprayer, seeders, mowers etc.
- A strong interest and experience in organic market vegetable production with diversified crops, bed preparation, crop rotation and planning, high tunnel and greenhouse production
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Desire to work with people and communicate effectively
- Physical stamina and strength to easily lift and carry 50lbs and tolerance to work in all weather conditions
- A desire for efficiency, detail, and a sense of urgency
- Willingness to take initiative and take on responsibility
You have a serious interest in organic farming, strong communication skills, can stay upbeat in stressful situations, and show up daily with commitment and enthusiasm.