Kinloch Farm is a family farm based in The Plains, VA. We have been in operation for over 60 years on 1000 acres of grazeable pasture. We value creativity, collaboration, community, dedication, passion, and humility. We raise a historic breed of Aberdeen Angus that has been adapted to thrive on Virginia forage
Kinloch Farm is hiring for a farm hand. This is an entry level role and prior cattle and machinery operating experience is not required, but is valued. This position will partake in all aspects of the farm operation with a focus on whole team support. The farm hand will work closely with the Farm Manager in support of the cattle operation. We value clear and effective communication across all areas of the farm.
The employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand for long periods of time (e.g., up to 8 hours or longer) The employee is also required to lift and carry up to and occasionally exceeding 50 pounds, bend, squat, kneel, and reach above shoulder level. Due to the nature of farming, the employee may be called on to work after hours, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays depending on the nature of the workload.
● Livestock handling, fencing, trailering, and moving animals in pastures
● Support the Farm Manager in daily workflow tasks
● Assist with pasture management, including mowing, seeding, haying, and brush clearing
● Set up, move, repair, and store fencing
● Transporting animals to the processing facility with a trailer
● Assist with livestock and pasture record keeping
● Assist with care and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and machinery
● Ability to effectively communicate to all members of the farm team
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a salaried position with a full benefits package including a full health insurance package, 401K, PTO, paid holidays, and an employee beef benefit. Housing is not provided for this position.