The Department of Dining Services at UMD, College Park has posted a position for an opening on the administrative team. Please see the description below.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Public Health, Environmental Policy, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, or related field.
Minimum of 5 years of project management experience and/or sustainability management with at least 3 years of supervisory experience of professional and paraprofessional staff. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two years of project management and supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding leadership, guest service, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and successfully and build partnerships with co-workers and all levels and types of internal and external stakeholders, including students, faculty, administrators, and government regulatory agencies.
- Proven ability to write and administer grant proposals.
- Outstanding skill and ability in successful project management.
- Outstanding skill and ability to teach and communicate complex subjects to the general public.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects.
- Understanding of the public university environment and campus dining programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and wellness.
- Ability to conduct research and data and produce reports and develop strategic and tactical plans.
- Ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of budgets and administrative processes.
- Working knowledge of business-based computer programs, food safety, health, and wellness.
- A proven record of working successfully with traditional college-age students.