Job Title: Administrative & Grants Coordinator
Reports to: SMADC Director
Salary Range: Grade 15, Step2 -4, $52,575– $56,536
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in office administration, business management, or related fields; and/or a minimum 4 years’ experience in general office administrative support and management, grant reporting, knowledge of basic bookkeeping, data, and administrative practices and procedures.
Essential duties and Responsibilities Department Tasks
Assist Director: Organize travel itineraries and accommodation, registration for conferences and speaking engagements, etc. Schedule internal/external meetings as needed.
Assist Director with timely reminders to staff and office calendar and procedures.
Commission Meetings and Membership: Develop meeting Agenda with Director, schedule Board meetings (Outlook, Teams calendar) and alert members. Take concise, coherent minutes at Commission and other committee meetings as required, accurately record motions/actions, establish/maintain efficient filing system for record keeping.
Ensure policies, procedures, and requirements of Open Meeting Act are adhered to.
Monitor board membership terms and nominations. Regularly update member
contact information. Ensure SMADC website is updated with current board/staff roster.
Mini-Grants, Equipment Grants, Sponsorships and Scholarships: Prepare and update criteria review/screen applications for eligibility, prepare Review Committee summaries and recommendations for SMADC Board approval. Advise recipient awardees, track grantee awards and reports.
• Prepare and facilitate Accounts Payable Vouchers (APV)
• Oversee department credit cards.
• Develop Standards of Procedure and financial protocols for the Maryland Market Money Program.
• Collaborate with Fiscal Grants Coordinator and Finance Director on developing financial protocols for the Maryland Market Money Program, project related budgets and preparation of annual budget and strategic planning.
Office Function and Support
Provide overall administrative support in office to maintain an efficient working environment.
• General office tasks to include answering calls, monitor general department
firstname.lastname@example.org email and handle confidential documents to ensure they remain secure.
• Ensure department policies and procedures are in compliance with TCCSMD guidelines.
• Monitor, maintain and order department office supply inventory.
• Coordinate technical or IT/technology support for office meetings, virtual conferences,
workshops, and staff computers/platforms as needed (TEAMS, Eventbrite, Cognito, etc.)
• Coordinate Department of Commerce quarterly reports; ensure updates are completed and submitted on behalf of SMADC Department.
• Assist the Maryland Market Money Program in collecting their data of incentive usage at participating farmers markets.
Grant Coordination & Support
• The position will be in charge of grant monitoring and reporting office-wide, assisting the program coordinators with their various grants and grant deliverables. Will work collaboratively with the Finance Team on financial grant reports as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic finance and accounting principles, experience with basic financial
accounting procedures and platforms such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams and
SharePoint, managing files and records, transcription, and spreadsheets., strong
organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ability to
communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage grant reporting in an efficient and timely manner.
The position is based at the TCC/SMADC headquarters in Hughesville, Maryland.
Salary based on education and experience. Excellent benefits, matching 401K up to 6%, all State & Federal Holidays, partial remote work may be available.
• Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license.
• Must pass a background check.
• May be required to work some evenings as necessary.
• For the first 30 days of employment the employee must report to the office, after 30 days, the employee may be eligible for remote work no more than 3 days a week.
• Apply Online at: https://tccsmd.org/work-with-us/
• Provide: Cover letter and resume outlining experience and credentials and other pertinent information and three references.
• Responses to this announcement are due April 15th, at 5:00 p.m.
Position Open Until Filled
TCCSMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer